I recently watched a video from an SEO expert who stated that, for certain organizations, regular blogging may no longer be an effective SEO strategy.
The above is not what I’ve seen in the past and what I continue to see. My clients who make and take the time to write and post new blog posts on topics that their particular target audiences are interested in and need to better understand, continue to drive traffic to their website from audiences who have great potential to buy their products or use their services. And, they are driving those relevant audiences because they are ranking well on Google for desirable search terms (known as keywords) because Google is indexing their blog content and serving it up in search results in relevant geographies.
How To Blog Effectively
Anyone can “blog,” but how do you blog effectively to support SEO and actual sales?
- Employ a keyword planner tool, like Google Ads’, to determine on which high-volume keywords your target audiences are searching
- Use tools like Ubersuggest, Google Trends, and Answer The Public to see what questions your audiences has or what they are searching most about, and create blog posts that speak to those searches and questions
- Use Google Analytics and Google Search Console to determine what new, or long-time, blog posts on your site individuals are visiting most and make sure that you:
- include strong calls-to-actions and call-outs on those blog posts to other main pages of your site
- incorporate inner-page and inner-post links within posts, as well as external links to support SEO
- add updates regularly to those older, frequently-visited blog posts, so that Google indexes that new content and also makes note of the fact that you are regularly updating and refreshing your content. As we explained in our “How Not To Let Your SEO Strategy Slide When You’re Short On Time” blog post, the aforementioned is an approach that will help you to continue to succeed in the game of SEO.
Need Ideas About What To Blog About?
Our team can help you develop a blogging strategy that would include research to determine what you should be blogging about. Depending on the complexity of the products and services you offer, we can even write and post your blog posts for you and make sure they get crawled/indexed by Google.
Reach Out To Our Boston SEO Company Today!
We love a good complimentary discussion about any organization’s marketing challenges or opportunities — whether the organization be a nonprofit or for-profit. To-date, we’ve supported approximately 125 different brands, so there’s very few industries, products, or services for which we don’t have at least some relevant marketing experience; plus, we’re quick to learn new industries, products, and services. So, schedule your free call with our team of SEO experts today!